Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 64

It was definitely a cool Pday last week. It reminded me of when we went to the aircraft carrier in JAX. It was definitely a cool miracle that we had last week! Miracles are definitely what keep me going, but Elder Ballard told us that they shouldn't be called miracles, because when we work for the Lord it is a part of the job description lol. Yeah we have lots of meetings. As Zone Leaders we help run the missionary work for the stake so we are constantly in contact with the stake president and his councilors. Then we have other meetings. It is definitely crazy, but I love it. 
The new mission president is AWESOME!! I love him and his family sooo much! We had interviews with him last Thursday and since we are there setting things up, and taking care of everybody from 8a-4pm we decided to take me and my companion out to get California Burritos hahaha. He absolutely loves taco shops haha. He is such a cool, down to earth guy. He really knows how to get stuff done, he is bold, yet humble. I have a lot of respect for him and I am super excited to be able to work alongside him in the service of the LOrd. His wife is just as equally awesome she served a spanish speaking mission in CA also, and she can throw down using the scriptures and inspire you. They are such a powerhouse family. I am excited to go over and play ping pong with their kids soon hahaha. My companion is alright. I have been serving around him since thanksgiving, but he has only been my comp for 3 months. He actually finishes his mission in 2 weeks. One of the hard things that I have had to learn on my mission is how to work with a companion. It is hard because I am so used to just getting it done by myself and being accountable for myself. So I am grateful to be learning these treasures now so that when it is time for me to be married I have already learned how to live with someone, but even then, I won't be with my wife literally 24/7 lol. Transfers are on 08/05 so I am anxious to see who my new companion will be. I am pretty sure that I will not be leaving Bonita just yet. I have been here since April and it is flying! I love it here. It definitely has some things that drive me bonkers, but on the other side there is a lot of things that are special. 

Going to the Midway was fun! But honestly just throwing the football around is a huge stress relief! So that is why I am totally down for sports :) Today we are going hiking though!! :) I told dad about my comp in my email today so ask him ;)
Of course I have some cool stories for yall!!!

Wednesday:

We went and saw Mirna in the morning and she is still super solid and preparing to be baptized on 08/23! She is having a really hard time because she works overtime at 2 jobs to pay for everything her kids dad lies with them and he doesn't do squat, but she is still pushing forward. Her kids also have Autism and she has to take care of them on top of everything else, she is definitely a trooper. 
Later on in the afternoon we had a meeting with the missionaries at the MCRD and the senior missionaries brought catered food from this expensive restaurant and it was bomb!!! YUMMY!
Then we went and saw the "Chicken guy" and during the lesson all his chickens kept flying into his huge Mexican afro lol. I need to get a pic with him! 

Thursday:
Interviews with President Schmitt. We were there at the stake center from 8a-4p and then we had our meeting with him and the stake presidency and we had to teach the stake ward mission leaders training all from 6:30p-9p and between that we had a meeting/dinner with bishop and the other missionaries lol So thursday was shot! But Pres. bought my companion and I burritos and we ate with him lol

Friday:
 We had so Jehovah's witnesses knock on our door and try and bash with us and that was pretty funny. You should try it once lol, but they never get anywhere lol We had a dinner appointment with the Bugarin family and we had deep dish chicago style pizza with super good Kale salad. But with more important things in mind there was a cool miracle with this family. So during my personal study I had the random impression that we needed to teach them about temples and see where they are at. Keep in mind they are a part member family and they had been less active for most of their and the kids life until last year. So we talked about temples and the husband (non member) got super excited and told us he wanted to go to the temple as a family the next day! It was cool because he is always super nice, but doesn't seem interested and it was cool for him to have a brief change of heart. So on saturday it was the first time ever that the whole family was there at the temple. It was super special. 

Sunday: 

MY RECRUIT (Samuel Hamilton from AZ) GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! :) 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I am doing good, I am having more energy thanks to the surgery and running every other morning. Still get tired sometimes, but that is normal. I have gained like 5-7lbs from all the mexican food I am getting. My diet has been shot lol but I am not complaining ;) Now of course it is super stressful being a Zone Leader, but i have learned how to manage my stress. Sometimes I just got to take a breather, but overall i am good! :D But mom I have more than a 1/4 left lol I dont go home until April 14th 2015 lol hahaha


but I gotta go! LOVE YOU ALL!

Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment