Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 59

Hey Mommy! 

Have I ever told you how wonderful you are? Well you and absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for the birthday gifts! I got the football and the shorts, thank you!! :) They are perfect!

WELL CONGRATULATIONS ON SELLING THE HOUSE!!!! The house that you sent pictures of is beautiful! Is that in St. John's county? because that is amazing!!!!!! I would never leave that house lol. you would be stuck with me forever. hahahaha Well this week was pretty cool Yazmin got baptized!! She is so happy so now the whole family is baptized and they are working on getting sealed together in the temple! I am so proud of them!!! :D The baptism went great. The spirit was super strong and I won in rock paper scissors against my companion so i had the reward of performing the ordinance. So that was really special. WE ARE DEFINITELY VISITING THEM AFTER THE MISH!!! (They can speak english lol) Also have you gotten her friend request? She has been trying to get in contact with you, after the baptism she was really happy and wanted to send you a picture of her baptism, so I gave her your cell number to text the pic. I really hope you don't mind. I apologize for not asking first, but since it dealt with your baby (That's me lol) I figured you would appreciate it :)

This week was bleh like usual good of course, but nothing super big to report. But Sunday was good (FOR ONCE! :p).

MCRD:

Well 2 of the recruits I am teaching are graduating this friday so I had my last lessons with them. It is sad that they are leaving but it is good, they both plan on getting baptized in their hometowns so we will see if they actually do it hahaha. I ain't trippin though. But I had a really unique experience though! I have a new recruit that I am teaching who is straight from the Navajo reservation in Arizona!!!!! It is kinda a funny thing. So 2 weeks ago i was introduced to him by a member of the branch presidency, and I asked him "Would you like to learn more about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ?", he looks at me and waits, then quietly and politely declined. So I thought he wasn't interested. So then this past week, he came to church again, and i was so confused. Then a senior missionary comes up to me and said he was interested! So I thought that was great! So I pull him off to the side where it is a little quieter and we start to talk. I then find out he is straight from the Rez! The thing is, he knows nothing about God, Jesus Christ, The Spirit, nothing! Absolutely 0 about Christianity. I say all this because i think it is awesome! Like if you were to read in Alma 22 Ammon teaches the Lamonite King Lamoni and even the King believed in a great spirit! Monroe (that is the recruit's name) only knows about Navajo traditions! But it is amazing how some o f the traditions are based off of old testament beliefs! I had never had to teach so simply. 

All in all it was so difficult, but it was such a great experience :) He said the reason why he goes to our church is because i stumbled upon it, because he didn"t know where else to go. So that is such an evidence of God's hand in this. He also say he feels so good at church and that is why he came back. he had no idea why he felt this way (because he has no idea what is going on lol) then he said his first prayer and then afterwards he just look sat me and say "I have never felt this good before" and you could tell that he got rocked! :D Well i love being a missionary! It is the best decision of my life! I also realized that the reason why he declined the first time is because he had no idea what I was asking of him lol! :)

Love you and thank you for the bday wishes!
Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment