Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 51

Well hello my dear family!!! I hope I find you all in a great state of happiness lol (weird wording I know). Well I did have a great Easter. I ate some really good food at a member's house, but more importantly I was spiritually fed. Church was great! It all started at the MCRD..but I will save that for later ;)

Monday:04/14/14

Well we spent 6 hours working on the "Stake Packet". This packet keeps track of what all the missionaries do in the stake, so like 36 missionaries lol and also all  of the member involvement with missionary work. It took a long time and there were a lot of names, numbers and info to have to organize, but it was sick! Then we went and taught Bridget Leylani our miracle baptism for this weekend! After that we went and saw the Betancourt family. They are soo cool we had some sweet bread "pan dulce" and some hot chocolate, and taught a good lesson and got to know them better.

Tuesday: 04/15/14

Well for P-day we played sports with all the missionaries so it was fun! Thankfully no injuries :) After that we just went to visit some families! Good day

Wednesday: 04/16/14

So we went and saw Bridget. Usually we see people at least everyday the week of their baptism so we can help keep Satan off of them lol!  Then we had our weekly district meeting, which was realllllly boring lol, but at least he tries. Then we went and saw Lupe. She was going to get baptized a month ago, but got offended in her interview by the missionary who gave it... so she doesnt want to get baptized yet. We read with her from Alma 8:14-16 and 3 Nephi 9:13-14. The spirit was so strong then we invited her to get baptized... she thought about it...and said no lol but it is okay! :) Then we had another appointment with Kareli and Jesse. It was a super good lesson and they are getting baptized may 10th! She has a lot to give up so it might have to get pushed back to later on. 

Then we had our coordination meeting lol :p

Thursday: 04/16/14

Today we had interviews from 9a-2p with president Clayton. Since we are the Zone Leaders we host the interviews. meaning, we get all the rooms set up, and make sure the Clayton's are comfortable. and schedule the interview times and give a copy to President Clayton. We also stay the whole time in case they need anything or have any questions for us. Even though the interviews are 10 mins/ missionary they tend to go longer. I interview with president went well. One of the questions he asked was "Where do you see yourself a year from now?", I told him, well I will still be on my mission, but I will be at the point where I will be preparing to go home. So I told him how i wanted to be ready to carry on being the man that I have and will become, so that way when i am back in the "real world" I will have the moral courage and strength to be a worthy husband and father to my future family. he really liked that lol. 
Then we had our Stake Packet meeting with the mission presidency and the stake president and the stake high council man for missionary work. It was super cool! 

Afterwards President Morgan (1st counselor of the mission presidency) gave Bridget her baptismal interview. In the meantime we were talking with the friend that Bridget brought. We taught her a sick lesson! She was getting smacked in the face by the spirit, then we walked into the chapel and she said her very first prayer (she is Buddhist)  in her life! It was soooooo awesome to be able to share that memory with some one!

Friday: 04/18/14

We ate good today!!! We went by and saw Kareli again and she fed us tacos dorados which are fried tacos. So good! Then they put caldo (Mexican soup) on top with lettuce sour cream and salsa! YUM! Then we saw the Dominguez family they are my favorite family from Logan Heights, but they actually live in my area (they should be going to Bonita 3rd ward, but attend Logan Heights Branch). Then they fed us! Tacos Dorados also! this time they didnt have soup so they were really crunchy and yummy! :) 

Saturday: 04/19/14

The day of the baptism!!!! It went excellent!!! :) YEAH!!! p.s I look weird lol

Inline image 1

Sunday: 04/20/14

My One year anniversary of taking out my endowments! and Easter! It was great!

Well at the MCRD the branch president spoke in Sacrament meeting and it was soooo powerful! He talked about the plan of salvation and how because God is our loving Heavenly Father, we will all be resurrected one day and how there is no sting to death etc. Everyone was just soaking in the Spirit as he bore testimony of the plan of salvation. 

Then I got to talk to my recruit (we teach solo, instead of a companionship, so yes he is all mine lol! yes I sound selfish!) recruit Walton had such inspired questions. First he asked about Heavenly mother. He really wanted to know. So I told him that we were going to say a prayer and ask if there is a heavenly mother, and ask for the spirit to guide us as we studying a look for the answer. So we started with a prayer and it was great because he went to the index and starting searching for anything that could give him his answer. We found stuff that hinted to it. So he said he would continue praying about an answer. Then he asked like 5 super deep questions about baptism and baptism for the dead etc. and yeah he is getting baptized on may 10th!! :) my first one at the MCRD!!! I am soo pumped!

Well I love you all and I appreciate everything! Tell the Kiddos that I love them! I love you too mom!

Love,
Elder Hays

This is the Dominguez family!


No comments:

Post a Comment