Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 60

Thank you all so much for your birthday wishes! It was such a great birthday and I was able to feel the love! Well I had 2 parties! The night of my birthday the Gutierrez family threw me a party! Then my recent converts threw me a surprise birthday party last night! It was so great! Here are some pictures that I wanted to share with you all!

The Gutierrez Family



I had a great birthday! Church and the MCRD were normal. But what was funny is what the other missionaries got me as gifts. The trio of sisters gave me a mini barbie doll because they said it looked like Ashlyn haha and Sister Oliver (The blond sister missionary from Calexico, that you were asking me about on mother's day) got a gift! Last year her and her companion got me a little box of jiffy corn muffins so this year she put another one in my mail box at the mission office!
She is really funny. 


So for the day of my birthday we went over to the Gutierrez family's house and they made me "caldo de res" which is like a beef stew, but mexican style, and SUPER GOOD! so that was yummy and she also made us quesidillas and it was good. They sang me happy birthday and then we had cake and it was super good! :)

So then last night. What an awesome experience. So.. We were at a mini ward activity at the bishop's house for a sister missionary that finished he mission today and we were having  a good 'ol time and then Yazmin calls us and tells me that her neighbor needs a blessing before she went to the doctor later that night, so we told her we would be there in 20 minutes. We then said our goodbyes to everyone and had to take the elders home. It took forever to do all of that so I was tripping and trying to rush everyone to get to the blessing in time, since this lady has never asked for a blessing before. In the car i kept thinking to myself 'we are so late, elder Karlinsey should've hurried and now because of him we are 20 minutes late and the opportunity will be lost and we are losing Yazmin and the neighbors trust.' I was pretty frustrated lol then we get to the parking lot and a kid opens the gate for us and I start running to their door and elder karlinsey is just taking his sweet time and then I see the curtains closed and the lights of, door closed, and I think to myself ' crap she is probably lying on the floor about to die, all because we are sooo late'.. then they open the door and SURPRISE!!! It was a birthday party! FOR ME!! I totally wasn't expecting it, because on Saturday Yazmin and them said they would be in LA until Thursday, and when they called they said they were home early, but any way i just was not expecting it! and my companion was in on it the whole time!!!  That punk! All the neighborhood kids were there lol and my recent converts (Her and her 2 kids) It was soo nice. They even got a cake designed and had balloons up. It was soo cool! Oh the reason why the candles are the number 85 is because they didn't have any other candles in the house. i had such a great memory and i will never forget it!. 


Well i love you all!!!!!

Elder Hays

No comments:

Post a Comment